2010年6月6日日曜日

big skein of Jacob

this is the next one, yarn spinning. i span scored Jacob into bulky thick and thin yarn on a big heavy spindle.
there are the felted room shoes from the previous  post and the art yarn by pluckyfluff(=Lexi Boeger) called Candy Cane behind.

finishing spinning the yarn will be taken on a niddy-noddy to be a big skein, and it will be sunk into hot water to settle the spin.
this yarn is 2 ply and balanced well enough not to put weight on to straighten so i dried it without any. can you see an envelope hanging next to the yarn? that's basil seeds i grew on my balcony inside of it to be dried as well.
i bought first basil seeds from herbisland vegetable garden, which my favorite herb shop, and grow them every year and take seeds for the next year and seed next year. i have repeated this for several years by now. when i get my basil grow big enough, i give some to my friends and my friends eat some and also take seeds and give to their friends... this basil chain reaction is kind of spread for a while! nice, isn't it? great taste and really good basil. i love it!
there is a knotted rug woven with dyed fleece locks behind the Jacob skein. and right below there is a huge felted piece as a blanket, a single size. both are my handmade, it took a week for me to make this blanket. i will show this later.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿